General rental terms
Art 1 - DESIGNATION OF PARTIES
These general terms and conditions of sale are applicable to all holiday rental (gites and guest room) offered by Domaine des Ormeaux, trade name of SARL Clerjoux-Lalande, 115 Route Forêt de Lanquais, 24210 Ajat.
The contract is concluded between the lessor, hereafter referred to as "Domaine des Ormeaux",115 Route Forêt de Lanquais, 24210 Ajat and the renter, hereafter referred to as "the client", an adult with the capacity to consent for the rental.
Art 2 - GENERAL PROVISIONS / RENTING CONTRACT
The applicable rental terms are those referred in this document. This rental terms are sent with the booking confirmation. The online confirmation of reservation is a formal acceptance of the booking with its rental terms, and this equals to rental contract.
Art 3 – CONFIDENTIALITY
The Domaine des Ormeaux agrees not to disclose to third parties any information that the client could provide in the performance of the present contract.
However, this last provision is not applicable in case of request for information issued by administrations and/or courts of law.
Art 4 - LENGTH OF STAY
The rental contract is concluded for a fixed period. The client cannot, under any circumstances, claim the right to remain in the accommodation beyond the departure date initially set up in the reservation.
Art 5 - NUMBER AND IDENTITY OF OCCUPANTS
A -The number of people staying in the accommodation cannot exceed the acccommodation capacity (Jeanne : 4 people, Marie : 4 people, Adèle : 2 people, Amélie : 2 people and Lucy : 2 people).
B - The rental cannot, under any circumstances, be transferred to a third party without prior written approval from the lessor.
C - The client is not allowed to sublet under any circumstances, even free of charge.
D -The Domaine des Ormeaux solely welcome adult guests (over 16 years old).
In case of noncompliance with this rules the rental contract will be canceled under article 6 -A of this document.
Art 6 – RATES
Rates are gotten by online quote request.
What is included or not included in the rate is refered in Price tab of Domaine des Ormeaux website.
A rental request with services other than the services included is subject to a specific offer.
Art 7 – PAYMENT
The full rental sum must be made at the latest on arrival, by credit card, bank transfert or cash.
The bank imprint required for instant booking is used as a guarantee and will not be charged. Bank imprint is a guarantee in case of cancellation under Article 16-A of this document.
Art 8 - SECURITY DEPOSIT
In case of rental of gite Jeanne, Marie, Adèle et Amélie, the client undertakes to pay a security deposit of 500€. The payment shall be made on the day of arrival.
- If no degradation is noticed on the day of departure, in the accommodation or in the share spaces, the security deposit will be refunded on the same day.
- Otherwise, in case of damage, the security deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks at the end of the rental period, after deduction by the Domaine des Ormeaux of the amount regarding restoration of damages. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the clients’ liability to the owner.
Art 9 - STATE OF REPAIRS AND INVENTORY
A joint inventory will be carried out by the lessor and the client at the beginning and at the end of the stay.
An inventory of furniture and equipement is in the Welcome Book. The client has 24 hours to check and report anomalies to the lessor. Without any contest, the inventory is considered complied with the document annexed.
The client shall report to the owner, without delay, any defects or breakdown in any equipment or appliances in the accommodation and shared services (spa, swimming pool and park). The arrangement for repairs and/or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
Art 10 - USE OF THE PREMISES
The client will enjoy the rental in peaceful way and make a good use of it according to the destination of the place.
The client is committed to take care of the accommodation and the facilities. The client also agrees to leave the accommodation « as you found it » at the end of the rental periode.
Altthough a final cleaning is included in the price :
- The lessor reserves to make a retention from de security deposit to cover an additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the accommodation in an unacceptable condition.
- The client is committed himself to leave a clean and tidy kitchen, clean refrigerator and oven, and empty garbage cans.
The client is committed to not act in any way which would cause a nuisance or disturbance to thoses residents at Domaine des Ormeaux.
Installing tents or parking caravans on the property of Domaine des Ormeaux is strictly forbidden.
Art 11 - ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
The rental period shall commence between 4pm to 8pm on the first day and end at 10am on the last day. Any arrangements to vary this must be made with the lessor prior to arrival.
Art 12 – INSURANCE
The client is committed to arrange a fully comprehensive insurance policy and to have full cover for the party’s personal injury and belongings, public liability etc., since these will not be covered by the owners’ insurance.
Acceptance of the general rental terms implies that the client has suscribed such insurance.
The lack of insurance, in case of damage, could result in payment of damages and interest.
The lessor subscribes his own insurance. The client undertakes to report to the lessor any damage in the premises, within 24 hours.
The following will be not covered by lessor’s insurance :
- Damages to vehicles parked
- Damages caused to third parties
- Theft or disappearance of personal belongings from the rental accommodation, including from individual safes, common areas, car parks and all other areas of Domaine des Ormeaux.
Art 13 - USE OF COMMON AREAS
The lessor offers clients different shared equipment and places : swimming pool, spa, infrared sauna, park, parking lot, etc. that can be used by all clients.
The use of this equipment must be carried out in a friendly atmosphere with other tenants, respecting the tranquility of all.
In particular, it is important to respect the rest of the clients so that everyone can enjoy a pleasant stay. (Example of such activities to be aware : noise at the late arrival, evening meal, activities in the park and the swimming pool ....).
In the event of disruption or failure of these clauses, the lessor reserves the right to prohibit the access of the disruptive client to the common areas or to end the stay (see clauses of termination).
In any case, the usage of the common areas engages the responsibility of the user occupants.
Art 14 – PETS
We regret that we can not accept pets at Domaine des Ormeaux.
Art 15 – NON-SMOKING ACCOMMODATION
All accommodations are non-smoking. Cleaning fees (€250) will be charged in case of non-observance of this rule.
Smoking is also prohibited in all covered and enclosed areas of Domaine des Ormeaux.
Art 16 – TERMINATION CONDITIONS
Any cancellation must be notified by registered letter or E-mail.
16-A Termination at the initiative of the client – fees :
- Up to 30 days from the beginning of the rental period : free of charge
- From 21 to 30 days before rental start date, 30% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged,
- From 8 to 20 days before the rental start date, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
- From 2 to 7 days before the rental start date, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
- No show, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged. The rental contract is considered terminated and the Domaine des Ormeaux can dispose of the accommodation.
- If the client shows up to take possession of the premises :
- With a number of occupants exceeding the acccommodation capacity (Jeanne : 4 people, Marie : 4 people, Adèle : 2 people, Amélie : 2 people and Lucy : 2 people).
- The client subslets the accommodation.
- The minimum age requirement is not met (occupants over 16 years old).
- The client comes with a pet.
- The rental contract is transferred to a third party without the lessor agreement.
In this cases, the rental contract will be automatically terminated and considered at the initiative of the client. 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
16-B Termination at the initiative of the lessor
- Before entering the premises:
If the rental contract is cancelled by the lessor for any reason whatsoever except force majeure :
- More than 60 days before the rental start date, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be refunded by Domaine des Ormeaux.
- Less than 60 days before the rental start date, 100 % of the total amount of reservation will be refunded by Domaine des Ormeaux.
- After entering the premises:
When the cancellation of the contract by the lessor intervenes during the duration of the lease, it must be duly justified : failure to pay rental, payment by cheque with insufficient funds, proven deterioration of the rented places, complaints of the neighborhood, presence of unaccepted, presence of occupants excedding the maximum capacity, etc…
Whatever the cause of the termination, the full amount of the rent remains with the lessor.
Art 17 - DISPUTES OR COMPLAINTS
Any complaint must be addressed by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt within a maximum limit of 8 days after the contractual end of the rental period.
Disputes are exclusively the responsibility of the Courts of PERIGUEUX.